What has happened?
- Breaking records of bullet train, third trial of the semi-high speed train Vande Bharat completed its run successfully between Ahmedabad and Mumbai on Friday. Vande Bharat zoomed from o to 100 km/ph in just 52 seconds.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Indian Railways, said that it has received a green signal from the Railway Safety Commissioner. He said,”It is notable that the maximum speed of the third Vande Bharat is 180 km/hr. It reached 0-100 km/ph in 52 seconds as compared to 55 seconds taken by the bullet train.The first generation Vande Bharat trains reach 0-100 kmph in 54.6 seconds and have a maximum speed of 160 km/ph,” he added. The reduction in weight by 38 tonnes contributed to its faster acceleration.
About Vande Bharat Express Train –
- Vande Bharat is a semi-high speed trainset, each of 16 coaches, and self-propelled – they do not require an engine. This is called a distributed traction power system, which is increasingly becoming the norm the world over for passenger operations. Distributed power gives the train higher acceleration and deceleration compared to loco-hauled trains, which take a much longer time to reach top speed or to gradually come to a halt.
- Talking about the ministry’s focus on not just producing trains but maintaining the tracks for running high-speed trains, the minister admired the new Vande Bharat express and said, “We have shown that a fully loaded water glass has not shaken at the speed of 180kmph, but, it shook the world.” The minister also informed that now since the trial run of Vande Bharat is completed, serial production of the rest 72 trains will start soon.
Improved Features –
- A press release by the Railways ministry said that the new Vande Bharat trains would be equipped with WI-FI, 32-inch LCD TVs, energy-efficient ACs with dust-free clean air cooling, and a side recliner seat facility for all classes which was earlier provided to just executive class passengers.
- The improved features also include automatic fire sensors, CCTV cameras, three-hour battery backup, GPS systems, and a photocatalytic ultraviolet air purification system to filter and clean the air free from germs, bacteria, viruses, etc. fresh air and return air.
- Trains running across the country like premium Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express, Duronto, etc. will become a thing of the past as the Indian Railways has decided to phase out the premium trains, The Railways has made an ambitious roadmap to run semi-high speed trains (160-240 kmph) Vande Bharat and train sets. The Railways claims that in the next two years, semi-high speed trains between Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Kolkata will start filling.
- A senior Railway Ministry official said that the electricity, signaling system, track, rolling stock (engine-coach) of Indian Railways will need to be completely replaced to run semi-high speed trains. To make rail travel fast, a comfortable and safe state-of-the-art technology in railroad facing and train operation will have to be implemented. He said ICF and LHB coaches have become old technology now.
40,000 Crore Project –
- The government is going to invest more than 40,000 crore rupees on the project 75 Vande Bharat will be ready on 15 August 2023.
- The official said that the existing two Vande Bharat trains are running at a speed of 160 km/ph while the new Vande Bharat train will run at a speed of 180 km/ph. After this, new versions of Vande Bharat with a maximum speed of 200, 220, 240 and 260 km/ph will be made in a phased manner.
Improved Amenities –
- With each new version, the speed, technical and rail passenger amenities of Vande Bharat trains will increase. Work has started on several fronts for running the semi-high speed trains at a speed of 180-200 km/ph on Delhi-Howrah and Delhi-Mumbai rail routes.
- Upgradation of tracks on both the routes is being done, fast modes are being repaired and facing work is going on in populated areas. Apart from this, the bridges and culverts are being strengthened.
Cab Signalling System –
- In order to run semi-high speed trains, the Railways is implementing a Cab Signalling System instead of the old signalling system. In this, the train driver does not need to see the signal on the side of the track. The signalling system of the railroad is available on the screen in the engine cab seeing which the drivers drive the train.
World-class electrification is required –
- World-class electrification is required to run high speed Vande Bharat trains. As semi-high speed Vande Bharat trains draw more power, the existing electrification of the Railways is not suitable and due to this complaints of tripping are being received frequently.
- In view of this, the Railway Board has started the work of laying high capacity power lines (2 x 25) all over the Indian Railways which will provide sufficient power to trains running at a speed of 260 kmph in future.
4 thoughts on “The new Vande Bharat Express Train breaks Bullet train record”
Let me just get straight to the point; I saw your blog and I think you would be a great fit for our company :-). We are currently paying upwards of $70/hour for English translators. We are looking for people who are reliable, hardworking, and willing to work long-term. English fluency is preferred, and I don’t think you should have any problems with this requirement. We are an online based company from North Carolina. Interested? Apply here: https://msha.ke/freedomwithtay
Okay, this might be a little bit random, but I saw your blog and had to ask, are you interested in a translation job? I know I’m a stranger but I felt like doing a good deed today by alerting a couple people that a good position has opened up here: https://msha.ke/freedomwithtay and they pay sometimes even $70/hour. Okay, they won’t always give that amount, I only made around $400 last week, but it’s part time and when times are tight, every little bit helps. Hope it helps, and my apologies if you’re not interested. Have a great day/evening!
Hey, honestly your site is coming along :-), but I had a question – it’s a bit slow. Have you thought about using a different host like propel? It’d help your visitors stick around longer = more profit long term anyway. There’s a decent review on it by this guy who uses gtmetrix to test different hosting providers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s0ciJI4W4 and the whole video has a bunch of gold in it, worth checking out.
Picture this – 3 am in the morning, I had a line of fiends stretched around the corner of my block. It was in the freezing middle of January but they had camped out all night, jumping-ready to buy like there was a sale on Jordans. If you were 16 years old, in my shoes, you’d do anything to survive, right? I got good news though; I MADE IT OUT OF THE HOOD, with nothing but a laptop and an internet connection. I’m not special or lucky in any way. If I, as a convicted felon that used to scream “Free Harlem” around my block until my throat was sore, could find a way to generate a stable, consistent, reliable income online, ANYONE can! If you’re interested in legitimate, stress-free side hustles that can bring in $3,500/week, I set up a site you can use: https://incomecommunity.com