Who was Rani Naiki Devi?
- Rani Naiki Devi was the daughter of Mahamandaleshwar Parmadi, the kadamba king of Goa.
- She was skilled in archery, horse riding, combat skills and weapon wielding.
- She was married to the Solanki ruler, Raja Ajaypal and had a son named Mularaja. Raja Ajaypal died in early phase of his reign and in 1175 AD , their son Mulraj || ,was crowned as the king. Naiki Devi started to govern as a regent of Mulraj || .
Rani Naiki Devi vs Mohammad Ghori
- In 1192, Mohammad Ghori lost the first battle of Tarain while winning the second one, defeating Prithviraj Chauhan.
- But only few know battle happened 14 years earlier to that, in which a Hindu warrior Naiki Devi defeated Mohammad Ghori in 1178 when he came to invade Gujarat.
- Ghori was an ambitious ruler who conducted some successful raids deep into Indian Territory. After conquering Multan and Uchchha, in 1178 he went towards south to conquer Southern Rajputana and Chalukyas dynasty.
- Vanraj from the Chapotkara dynasty established Anhilwara Patan which was the capital of the Chalukya dynasty.As the King Mulraj was young, Mohammad Ghori was confident of winning Anhilwara.
- Naiki Devi was well trained in sword fighting, cavalry, military strategy, diplomacy and all other subjects of statecraft. Her spies told her about Mohammad Ghori invasion and she was informed about his huge army.
- She sought help from all her neighbouring states to stop this invasion. These states didn’t accept her request. Only some feudatories of Chalukya helped the Queen like Kelhanadeva, ruler of Naddula Chahamana .
Battle of Kasahrada
- Mohammad Ghori sent a messenger to the Chalukya court to inform that he will not attack or plunder Gujarat if the Queen surrenders herself along with her son’s to Ghori. Also give all the gold and women of the Chalukya Empire to him. Rani Naiki rejected the conditions put forward by Mohammad Ghori.
- She chose the battlefield located near Kasahrada village currently in Sirohi district of Rajasthan .When Ghori and his army reached Kasahrada then the Queen with her son on her lap, led her soldiers in a fierce counter-offensive. This battle is known as ” Battle of Kasahrada”.
- Even with much lesser army , the Chalukya army and their war elephants crushed the invading force
- .Facing a major defeat, Ghori fled with a handful of bodyguards. After that he never put his eyes on Gujarat.
5 thoughts on “Naiki Devi – the Queen who defeated Mohammad Ghori”
Top site ,.. i will save for later !
Let me just get straight to the point; I saw your blog and I think you would be a great fit for our company :-). We are currently paying upwards of $70/hour for English translators. We are looking for people who are reliable, hardworking, and willing to work long-term. English fluency is preferred, and I don’t think you should have any problems with this requirement. We are an online based company from North Carolina. Interested? Apply here: https://msha.ke/freedomwithtay
Okay, this might be a little bit random, but I saw your blog and had to ask, are you interested in a translation job? I know I’m a stranger but I felt like doing a good deed today by alerting a couple people that a good position has opened up here: https://msha.ke/freedomwithtay and they pay sometimes even $70/hour. Okay, they won’t always give that amount, I only made around $400 last week, but it’s part time and when times are tight, every little bit helps. Hope it helps, and my apologies if you’re not interested. Have a great day/evening!
Hey, honestly your site is coming along :-), but I had a question – it’s a bit slow. Have you thought about using a different host like propel? It’d help your visitors stick around longer = more profit long term anyway. There’s a decent review on it by this guy who uses gtmetrix to test different hosting providers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s0ciJI4W4 and the whole video has a bunch of gold in it, worth checking out.
Picture this – 3 am in the morning, I had a line of fiends stretched around the corner of my block. It was in the freezing middle of January but they had camped out all night, jumping-ready to buy like there was a sale on Jordans. If you were 16 years old, in my shoes, you’d do anything to survive, right? I got good news though; I MADE IT OUT OF THE HOOD, with nothing but a laptop and an internet connection. I’m not special or lucky in any way. If I, as a convicted felon that used to scream “Free Harlem” around my block until my throat was sore, could find a way to generate a stable, consistent, reliable income online, ANYONE can! If you’re interested in legitimate, stress-free side hustles that can bring in $3,500/week, I set up a site you can use: https://incomecommunity.com