12 Jyotirling :
- Jyotirlingas are the radiant symbol of Lord Shiva.
- 64 Jyotirling as are known across the country but only 12 out of them are most important.
All about Shivling
According to the Hindu philosophy, the universe recreates itself after a certain time period in a continuous cycle. Lord Shiva is considered to be passionate but an ‘anti-pleasure’ god. He is also the protector of Vedas. ‘Ling’ symbolises Lord Shiva and it is also manifestation of the regenrative power.
If you want to see the full web story about 12 Jyotirlingas with images, click here.
1. Somnath Jyotirling
- Somnath Jyotirling is situated at Somnath in Gujarat. It is the oldest Jyotirlinga in the country.
- Mahmud Ghaznavi has raided the Somanatha Temple 16 times and demolished the temple as well as Shivaling. The temple was recreated and today it still stands as a symbol of Hindus religious significance.
2. Kashi Vishwanath
- Kashi Vishwanath Shivling is located at Varanasi at the banks of Ganga.
- It is believed to be the most pure out of all Jyotirlingas.
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirling is situated in Ujjain.
- Mahakaleshwar is considered as “swayambhu” as it is considered as self-manifested.
4. Mallikarjuna Jyotirling
- It is situated in Srisalam in Andhra Pradesh. It is said that God Shiva and Goddess Parvati lived in Srisalam to live with their son Kartikeya.
- Paadal Petra Sthalam is located at this temple and is a significant pilgrimage for Shivaite devotees.
5. Omkareshwar Jyotirling
- It is situated in Mandhata , a river island of Narmada River . It is named so because the island shape resembles Om.
- There are two temples of Lord Shiva: Omkareshwar –Lord of Om. , Amareshwar –Immortal Lord
- It is situated in Uttarakhand and was built by Pandavas.
- Kedarnath remains accessible only for 6 months.
7. Bhimashankar Jyotirling
- It is situated near Khed Taluka, Maharashtra and the temple was built in 18th century.
- It is one of 3 Jyotirlingas located in Maharashtra
8. Trimbakeshwar Jyotirling
- It is situated in Nashik City of Maharashtra and located on Brahmagiri Mountains.
- It is believed that on request of Godavari and Rishi Gautam, Lord Shiva resided there.
9. Grishneshwar Jyotirling
- It us situated in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
- Grishneshwar means Lord of Compassion.
10. Baidyanath Jyotirling
- It is situated in Deoghar, Jharkhand.
- It is named so because this is the place where Lord Shiva cured demon King Ravana.
11. Rameshwaram Jyotirling
- Rameshwaram Jyotirling is related to Lord Rama as it is considered that Lord Rama had worshipped Lord Shiva befor Killing Ravana.
- It is located on Rameshwaram island of Tamil Nadu.
12. Nageshvar Jyotirling
- It is situated near Dwarka, Gujarat.
- It is where Shri Krishna used to do ‘Rudra Abishek’.
15 thoughts on “12 Jyotirling of Lord Shiva, History & Significance of all 12 Shivlings”
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it!
It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few fascinating things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more issues approximately it!
Thanks for the guidelines you have discussed here. Another thing I would like to talk about is that computer system memory requirements generally increase along with other advancements in the know-how. For instance, whenever new generations of processor chips are brought to the market, there is certainly usually a related increase in the size preferences of all computer system memory plus hard drive space. This is because the application operated by means of these processor chips will inevitably surge in power to make new engineering.
Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your site by chance, and I am stunned why this twist of fate didn’t took place in advance! I bookmarked it.
In my opinion that a home foreclosure can have a significant effect on the borrower’s life. Foreclosures can have a Several to several years negative affect on a applicant’s credit report. The borrower having applied for home financing or just about any loans for that matter, knows that the worse credit rating is actually, the more difficult it is to secure a decent personal loan. In addition, it could affect a borrower’s capacity to find a quality place to lease or hire, if that will become the alternative houses solution. Good blog post.
Good day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!
My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a number of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
I was suggested this blog via my cousin. I am no longer certain whether this post is written through him as no one else know such distinct about my difficulty. You’re wonderful! Thanks!
My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking at your web page again.
I relish, cause I discovered just what I was taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My website covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!
This web site can be a stroll-by for the entire data you wanted about this and didn抰 know who to ask. Glimpse here, and also you抣l definitely discover it.
I think that a foreclosed can have a major effect on the borrower’s life. Real estate foreclosures can have a Several to a decade negative effects on a debtor’s credit report. The borrower who may have applied for a home loan or virtually any loans as an example, knows that a worse credit rating is, the more tricky it is for any decent financial loan. In addition, it can affect a borrower’s capacity to find a good place to lease or hire, if that results in being the alternative homes solution. Interesting blog post.
I have learned many important things through your post. I would also like to mention that there might be situation where you will obtain a loan and don’t need a co-signer such as a National Student Aid Loan. When you are getting financing through a standard loan service then you need to be made ready to have a co-signer ready to make it easier for you. The lenders may base that decision on the few variables but the largest will be your credit worthiness. There are some financial institutions that will as well look at your work history and make up your mind based on this but in almost all cases it will hinge on your rating.
excellent put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You must proceed your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!